On Mother’s Day, we celebrate our biggest cheerleader and inspirer for her caring, sacrifice, and support. Although some of us are unable to get together this holiday, during the quarantine, we can still show our loved ones that we have them in our hearts and minds.
Americans send over 113 million Mother’s Day cards a year, as it is the third-largest card-sending holiday in the United States. Virtual gifting is a tremendous alternative for those limited in their ability to obtain and deliver cards or packages, during these difficult times.
Yiftee makes it easy for your customers to still give mom the gift of her favorite shops and restaurants, in the form of an easy-to-use E-Gift Card! Learn how your business can adopt simple and effective tools to promote your eGift Cards this holiday.
“A Mother is your first friend, your best friend, your friend forever.”Unknown
Yiftee E-Gift Cards are
- FAST! — Customers can send an e-Gift Card via email or text, without the stress of wondering if the postal service will deliver by May 10th.
- EASY! — Yiftee makes it simple for people of all ages to present an eGift Card on a mobile device (or even print it on paper!) It can be redeemed either in-store or over the phone.
- MEANINGFUL! — Customers can write mom a personalized message wishing her a Happy Mother’s Day to express gratitude.
Tips and Tricks to Get Your Customers to Send E-Gift Cards this Mother’s Day
- Send customers the link to your eGift Card as a last-minute gift idea that moms are guaranteed to love
- With the added benefit of supporting local businesses
- Download a customer email list from the ‘Gifts Sold’ report in the Yiftee portal
- Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Twitter, and Trip Advisor are powerful tools for spreading the word (and link) for your Mother’s Day eCards
Do a ‘Text-A-Gift’ Promo
- Text-A-Gift is an SMS Text Message tool that adds valuable measurability to your advertising and marketing promotions. It allows you to create an SMS list for ongoing marketing of your choice, within texting guidelines
- We have seen between 25% and 85% redemption rates on promotional text gifts. Redemption varies based on gift-value, time to expiration, and business type.
- Text-A-Gift works much better than coupons which typically have a 2-3% redemption rate
- Customers perceive it as a gift, enhancing your brand rather than appearing as a discount. Campaign set up and per-gift fees apply
- Test how Text-A-Gift works: Text SMITTEN to 855-890-2028 and get a demo-gift
Buy One, Get One Free
- Set up a “Buy One, Get One Free” (BOGO) promotion as an extra incentive to get customers to send your eGift card this Mother’s Day
- Specify start and end dates for your promotion, the “Buy” amount, the “Get” amount, the start date that you “Get One” can be used and its expiration date
- P.S. This technique also helps to bring extra traffic to your store during slower periods
- Email email@example.com to set up BOGO. Campaign set up and per-gift fees apply.
Not Set up with Yiftee Yet? Get started!
Our support team can have your business up and selling gift cards in 30 minutes. Our contracts are month-to-month and flexible! Take a look at our eGift card start kit here.
- Create an account – Create your Yiftee account here.
- Run Activation Card – Our gift card program is compatible with every point of sale. Just run the MasterCard activation card on your dashboard.
- Brand your Sales Page – We host a gift card sales page branded entirely to your business.