The holidays are coming quickly. With a little extra effort and some savvy promotion, you can boost Holiday eGift sales exponentially, which will also drive incremental traffic in 2017. Here are some things that you can do to enjoy a big bump in holiday gift card sales:
1. Promote your gift cards. If you have an email list, send out a blast, or two, to let your guests know that you offer eGift Cards, a perfect gift, convenient to buy and to redeem. Promote gift cards on your social media pages as well. Make sure that you have your Facebook gift card button activated to make it super simple for customers to purchase.
2. Merchandise your gift cards in-restaurant with table tents, check stuffers and posters. Make sure your hostesses and servers tell guests about your eGift Cards and how convenient they are for easy holiday giving.
3. Offer a BOGO (buy one get one). Many restaurants and retailers offer a little something to the gift giver when they purchase a gift card (i.e., Get a $5 gift for yourself when you purchase a $25 gift card). Yiftee makes offering such BOGOs easy. If you don’t want to offer a dollar gift, you can offer a Free Appetizer or Free Dessert. You are limited only by your creativity.
4. Have a Cyber Monday Sale. Many consumers dread going out into the crowded malls during the holiday season. You can offer a special one-day only BOGO sale via e-mail blast, social media and in-restaurant flyer.
5. Appeal to the procrastinator. The beauty of eGift Cards is that they can be purchased and given at the very last minute with almost no effort from the purchaser. Send out an email blast on Christmas Eve reminding your guests that your emails make the perfect last minute gift. And, of course, if you are offering a BOGO, the response will be even greater.
Log in to your Merchant Dashboard and click the “Buy One, Get One tab” to learn more!
If we can help you put together a promotion, or if you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-564-4438