It’s happened before. October rolls around, Halloween passes you by and suddenly, the holiday season is upon us and you have no marketing initiatives to drive customers in! In order to make your mark, your holiday promotion ideas need to be eye-catching and attention worthy. Brands need campaigns that actually make customers happy instead of adding to holiday noise. The brands that run special promotions during the holidays tend to be more successful in getting customers in through their doors.
If you don’t have holiday promotion ideas in mind, there’s still plenty of time to set up a creative holiday promotion for your business and make a big impact on this year’s revenue. As November rolls arounds, we wanted to give you some creative holiday promotion ideas for your business to run for your customers.
Engage with your customers
Nothing gets people in a shopping mood more than Christmas decorations! A great way to make sure your business stays top of mind is to engage with your customers by holding a contest or sweepstakes. Couple of engagement ideas for customers are:
- Holiday Costume Contest – who has the ugliest Christmas sweater? Who can dress up like Santa and Mrs. Claus the best?
- Christmas Tree Decoration Contest – Who has the brightest and most decorated tree?
- Recipe Contest – What’s the best Christmas themed dish a customer can cook up for you?
- Text-Back Campaign – “All I want for Christmas is…”. Have customers text-in their answer. Most creative is the winner! (Learn more)
Design your best cup! Starbuck’s holiday cups are a staple in holiday themed decorations. Source: Odyssey
Of course, these types of promotions always require a bit of planning. However, most of these promotions are relatively easy to run and can go a long way when customers think about your brand.
Offer a little something extra
In the gifting world, an “incentive” is something extra that pushes a shopper to take action, such as making a purchase, completing a survey or signing up for a mailing list. In other words, it’s an added enticement to get customers to do what you want them to do. Here are some ideas on incentive-based marketing you can try for your business:
- Offer a “Buy-One, Get-One” promotion – customers who purchase an eGift card from your business can earn an extra eGift card either for themselves or for a friend. (Learn more)
- Set up a Birthday Club/VIP Club – customers who enter their contact information (phone #, email address, Birthday) receive a birthday/VIP gift on their Birthday or even Christmas. (Learn more)
- Offer a small reward for increased spending – A lot of brands don’t like discounts, they believe it takes away from the value that they are trying to sell. However, if you’re trying to push a certain product it might be beneficial to offer something small see if it increases the likelihood of a customer purchasing.
Heavenly Donut’s Birthday Club
Go out of your way
Competition amongst businesses is at an all-time high this time of year so it’s critical to your brand that you stand out to customers. Here are some ideas to better serve your customers this Christmas:
- Extend your hours – I did all of my shopping 3 days before Christmas last year. Shoppers are out longer and later trying to find their last gifts. Do them a favor and stay open later.
- Offer complimentary shipping (if you ship!) – Sometimes, customers see this as more valuable than a discount towards their final cost.
- Wrap their gifts – Going off the theme of time sensitivity, more and more customers are looking at business’s to wrap their gifts for them. Offer to do it for them instead if you have the manpower!
Need more holiday promotion ideas?
We can help you with that! In addition to eGift cards, Yiftee offers a suite of mobile promotions for businesses to run. In November & December of last year alone, over 50 Yiftee merchants ran “Buy-One, Get-One” promotions which drove in customers when January rolled around. Schedule a time to chat with our promotions specialist and we can have a promotion up and running in 30 minutes!