I. A NOTE ABOUT THIS POLICY
A. Information You Share
- We collect information online that you voluntarily provide to us yourself and from other sources such as Facebook and other applications. This includes but may not be limited to name, email address, phone number, purchase information and history, birthday, messages and similar information. We also collect some information about you automatically, including information regarding your use of the Website; for example, we are able to see when and where you redeem a Gift.
- Yiftee does not store credit card or other payment card data.
- You can limit who sees what information in your profile.
- Individuals who wish to deactivate their Yiftee account may login to their account and go to Home > settings to deactivate.
B. What Yiftee Does With Your Information
- One of the ways we use your Personal Information is to allow you to send and receive Gifts and notify you and others about Gifts.
- Yiftee does not share any Personal Information with Merchants or others without your express permission, except in limited circumstances described in this Policy.
- There may be opportunities on the site for you to voluntarily share Personal Information about yourself, but it is up to you to decide how much of such information you want to share.
- Third party advertisers have no access to the Personal Information stored in your private profile, unless it is in an aggregated (i.e., non-personally-identifiable) format.
- Yiftee treats data as an asset that must be protected and uses many tools and techniques to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
- Please bear in mind that, we cannot guarantee complete security, as third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Please also keep in mind that anything you post publicly to the Website is available to the public, and others may abuse or misuse your Personal Information that they collect from the Website. Therefore, please consider carefully what you choose to disclose on the Website or any time you go online.
D. Children On Yiftee
- Children under 13 are not allowed to have accounts on the Website.
- Children who are between 13 and 18 must get parental permission before registering for accounts on the Yiftee Site.
E. Third parties
- If you leave our site through a link, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every linked website.
Please see below for the full details of the Yiftee privacy practices.
Yiftee does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us or on the Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 564-4438.
Children between 13 and 18 must obtain parental permission before registering for accounts on the Website. Only people age 18 or over can purchase Gifts on the Website. You must have a valid credit card or Paypal account to purchase Gifts. In order to redeem a Gift, you must have a smart phone, tablet or computer that can access the Internet at the merchant's location, or you must download the Yiftee application available from the Apple App Store or the Android App Store, or otherwise sign up for a Yiftee account.
III. WHAT INFORMATION DOES YIFTEE COLLECT?
A. Information You Provide to Us:
We also collect information that you provide us about other people when you purchase Gifts for them, including the person's name, Facebook ID and email address. If you provide a person's email address it will not be visible publicly unless that person provides it also. We create transaction records of your Gift(s) to those persons. We collect information in the form of the content that you submit during your use of the Website, such as photos, reviews, ratings and other information you choose to submit. We may also collect information about you and your friends from any social network from which you may have connected. For instance, we may collect your user ID or profile information that you have permitted to be displayed through the Website in order to display you as a friend, or in association with your profile.
B. Information Collected Automatically:
C. E-mail, text messages and Other Communications:
- Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer through your browser that allow us to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser to prevent or limit your computer’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our Website’s features.
- We also collect usage information, including without limitation the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site, the dollar amount and frequency of credit card or Paypal transactions that occur on our site. We only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners, so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We may contact you, by email, text message or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of the Website. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also click "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email we send you. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email or text message from us. This confirmation helps us make our messages more interesting and improve our service.
IV. WILL YIFTEE SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We do not rent, trade, sell or otherwise share for marketing purposes your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone, unless you ask or authorize us to do so. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form with third parties only as described below.
A. Affiliated Businesses and Third Party Websites We Do Not Control:
In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses, or work with third party websites to enhance your online experience. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. For example, we may need to share certain information about you with a Merchant, so that Merchant can allow you to redeem your Gift at its place of business; however, in that circumstance, we will not share more information than is necessary to allow that Merchant to redeem your Gift, and we will not authorize that Merchant to use the information for anything other than redeeming your Gift. Another such service may include the ability for you to choose to automatically transmit information you input on the Website to your profile on a third party website, or to automatically transmit Third Party Account Information to your Website profile. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to allow the automatic transmissions discussed above, please review all third party websites’ policies before engaging in such automatic transmissions on the Website.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
C. User Profiles and Submissions:
User profile information, including without limitation users’ name, photo, and what Gifts a user purchased, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website or address your request for our services. Your account privacy settings allow you to limit the other users who can see other Personal Information in your user profile. Any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your user name may be displayed to other users if and when you upload images or send Gifts or messages through the Website and other users can contact you through messages and comments. If you choose to submit any Personal Information in the optional email surveys we send you, you understand that such information may be shared with our partners; participating in such surveys is optional, and you may do so anonymously if you choose. Additionally, if you sign into the Website via a third party social network log-in service (such as Facebook's "Facebook Connect"), your list of third party network "friends" may be automatically imported to the Website, and such "friends," if they are also registered users of the Website, may be able to view certain information you have entered in your Website user profile, in accordance with your account privacy settings. Again, we do not control the policies and practices of Facebook or any other third party website.
D. Information Shared to Social Networks.
E. Business Transfers:
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we are reorganized or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
F. Protection of Yiftee and Others:
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Yiftee, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
G. With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
V. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service (such as Facebook Connect), you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
VI. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- User Name and password
- Email address
- Phone number
- User profile information
- Credit card and payment information
- Shipping address
- Yelp account URL
The information you can view and update may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 564-4438.
VII. WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
- You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in Section VI above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- To delete your account, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account or deletion of certain information within your acount. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you delete such information, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
VIII. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 564-4438. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: December 10, 2012